Saturday, November 15, 2008

My FInal Typography Assignment (Cartoon Network)

Well, yet another assignment done n just left the framing part and it is a done case. When the lecturer first brief me on this assignment, he show us some sample, mainly most of things is done by hand such as doing calendar, using tin can or wire can to make a letter and etc to promote the font. So I wanna do something that is completely different from what he show me if it is possible so during one nith, I keep thinking, wat should I do, suddenly photography struck my mind, I decided to do something with photography and typography together. Then the next question is wat I should I do with it, when I was about to sleep, Cartoon Network struck my mind and thus giving me all the idea wat I should do next, I came out with the concept 'Reality Come True'. This sentence is being used on Cartoon Network adv itself few years back ago. The typeface I choose is Myriad Pro! The concept simply reality is form when this font is applied!

So wat really my idea is to find a person or model and made him/her into a cartoon network characters then I would used the typo to create another person tht related to the person, the photo-shooting didnt take tht much time. Editing the part and drawing the vector is where I spent my time on! Well, hope u guy enjoy the photo! Model below: Eric Chih = Johnny Bravo, Minn = Dee Dee and Adora = Mandy!

Bfr I post the picture, I wanna say a HUGE THANK YOU to u guy really for becoming the model and sacrifice the time for me. Thank Guy! =)

Attention: All the picture below need to be see from far and not near yeah! Thank!



The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy! =)



The Dexter's Laboratory! 




and lastly Johnny Bravo! XD

10 comments:

ADORA CHLOE said...

oohh... i see me XD.. nice la yang, but i wanna see the finish one leh.. lol.. anyway, juz 1 comment, the character u create with typo not so striking, cant rili see.. but maybe it's coz now im looking at it rili small..

Yang Yang said...

hahaahaha, thank for the comment yeah! Tht why it is meant to be look from far, if u see from where u r sitting, it is not striking enuff. And also I frame it due to the reason I treat it a photo picture, anyway u try to look further away from the picture, I hope it work on the screen! Anyway, thank yeah! =)

Anonymous said...

u mean u actually created the character using the words to type n arrange/draw it? i dont exactly know how to say it but yea.. hope u get what i mean... haha... man... u serious? thats like crazee work, man. wow...

Yang Yang said...

Yeah! Hahaha, the character is created by using small font typo and arrange into the character form so it look like a real character from far, but when you are just few meter away from the picture, actually everything is just small typo. As for the background, everything is drawn in vector form! Hope u get it & Hope u like it, hehehehe =)

Anonymous said...

wah.. haha. vry funny eric chih as johnny bravo. lols. nice nice =)

Yang Yang said...

wow, kennethfong! hahahaha, glad tht u like it yeah! He sure is very funny! =)

Anonymous said...

Yaloh
Eric chih really damn good looking guy!!!
Great job for choosing eric chih for ur model!!

Peter

Yang Yang said...

....................

who is this? Peter Parker from Spider-man!

I know is u lar Eric Chih! hahahahahahahah. Yeah man, nice model! XD

ADORA CHLOE said...

wahahahahaha.. eric wanna perasan & use other name to post comment XD..

Yang Yang said...

yeah lar, put Peter some more. Damn hilarious lar him!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!