Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fire On Ice!

Now for the assignment of the Photography, we are ordered to take two picture of model, either in studio or outdoor, and a picture of still-life thing. So, I started off with taking the picture of still life first as my model is not free at all until Raya Break.........

Firstly, my intention is to capture a candle tht has water lighted on top of it instead of fire. The concept is to have four candles, with three candles lighted with fire and the other one with a drop of water lighted on top of it........ This was the hardest photo I have taken in my life at this point.... Finally I managed to catch it after shooting more 100 photos of it just to get a perfect one but in the end I drop this idea as too much of photo manipulations is needed for it, somemore the result doesn't look so good compare to the one I wanted to take in the first place.

So another idea struck while I m doing my research on fire, then I decided to shoot fire tht is lighted on top of the ice. On Thursday, after my Design Heritage class, I rushed over to the photo lab to set up all the lighting equipment before getting ready to shoot. I asked Eric Chih to come over help me when he is finished eating with his gf. After taking some time to get the correct light reflect on the ice, I start shooting liao. As the ice melt very fast inside the studio, I have to keep asking Joanne to bring me a new cup of ice. Thank Joanne for all this trouble..... Then come Eric Chih who keep helping me arrange the ice in a more nicer way n keep everything in a more perspective way! He really has been a great help to me all this while, thank bro! Then it was during the last moment of the shooting where Eric Chih pour a big bottle of ice onto the per-spec for me to get a final shoot of it. Actually the lecturer alderi approve the photo but I was not so happy with the result, then it was the last photo tht I shoot that it really satisfy me at least! Then my lecturer have look at it n decided that the last photo is better than the previous so I choose tht as my still-life assignment. By the way, the model shooting is coming up next! Dun miss it yeah! =)


Setting up everything tht is needed inside Studio 4.



Fire On Ice! After editing the contrast. =) 



Fire on Ice! Before editing. =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahhhh yang... very nice oo this one!!! i like ^^

Yang Yang said...

thank thank, adora... hehehehehe. =)

Anonymous said...

cool=)

Yang Yang said...

hehe, thank thank! =)

AhJie said...

wow...this one not bad...^^
i like it...hey....
when u wan come back tell me oh...and give me this picture...can?

Yang Yang said...

hahahaha, thank ya cousin. Wait till I go bak lar, hahahahaha! =)